- Question 2:
- Look at the image of the Butterfly Nebula, NGC 6302. Write down questions you would ask an astronomer about the nebula.
Some questions you might want to ask are:
- Why does the object have so many colors?
- Would the nebula look as colorful if we could see it with our eyes?
- Do the colors give information about the object?
- How did the nebula form?
- Do all stars end their lives as planetary nebulae?
- Do other planetary nebulae look like NGC 6302?
- Where is the star that created this nebula?
- How long will the nebula look like this?
- What will happen to the nebula?
<< Back to discussion questions