- Question 3:
- Look at the image of the Carina Nebula. What
questions would you ask an astronomer about the features in the
Student responses will vary. The questions
may include the following:
- How big is the nebula?
- How far is it from Earth?
- What do the colors mean? Are they real colors?
- If I could see the nebula through a telescope, would it look like the image?
- Why does the nebula glow?
- What makes some areas dark and others light?
- Do astronomers know why the nebula has funny shapes? Do they know what those
shapes may be?
<< Back to discussion questions