- Question 1:
- If you could talk to the New Horizons mission
scientists, what questions would you ask them?
Depending on your interest, you might like to know more about
the spacecraft and ask questions such as:
- Why does the spacecraft need a boost from Jupiter?
- What kinds of instruments are on the spacecraft?
- Why does it take so long to get to Pluto?
- Why hasn’t a spacecraft been sent to Pluto sooner?
- Why isn’t there a motor on the spacecraft to make it go even faster?
You might also be curious about Pluto and the Kuiper Belt
and ask these kinds of questions:
- How/why did you decide to go to Pluto and
the Kuiper Belt?
- What do you expect Pluto’s surface to
- Do you think the other Kuiper Belt objects will
look like Pluto?
- Do you think you might discover other Kuiper
- How do scientists find other Kuiper Belt objects
if they are so small and so far away?
<< Back to discussion questions